View Single Post
Old September 21, 2006, 09:54 PM   #57
gopack

Threegun: I don't carry. Most of the places I go don't allow it. However, I do keep one loaded at home. I'm betting my life that it will go bang the first six times I pull the trigger as it has for at least 75 years. It's a .38 S&W Police Special. I can vouch for the last 3 decades.

War story on high dollar guns: Fellow at the range was shooting some pretty good groups with his 1911, but was fiddling with the slide every now and then. Asked him what he was shooting. Turned out to be what was once a Kimber Custom II. The receiver had cracked and been repaired. He had a custom slide put on it after the orginal started spalling and had upgraded the barrel and trigger. Nice gun, very accurate, but the way he was fiddling with the slide, for all the money invested, I wouldn't bet my life on it functioning when I needed it unless I was attacked by stationary black dots.

I can't speak for others, but if I bought a Hi Point, it probably wouldn't be for concealed carry or primary home defense, it would be for plinking. Most of the folks who have them seem to think they go bang when you pull the trigger a majority of the time.

Page generated in 0.03386 seconds with 8 queries