View Single Post
Old July 22, 2013, 10:53 PM   #16
newfrontier45

I do believe I said in my first post that the Single Six (or Ten) was never meant to be a target pistol. Must I quote myself???

Quote:
IMHO, these guns were never intended to be target pistols. They do not receive the painstaking care that S&W and Colt put into their .22 revolvers +50yrs ago. I believe any issue with accuracy in the Single Sixes has more to do with the way Ruger makes and fits cylinders than the bore diameter. Cylinders are made in big batches and up until recently, all chambers were reamed at once. Cylinders were taken from a parts bin and if it functioned, that was enough.
You can make whatever generalizations (again) you want about competition but no double action in the world short of a Korth will hang with a Freedom Arms for accuracy. Period.

That said, I find no discernible difference in accuracy potential between Ruger single actions, Ruger double actions and any S&W I've ever shot. Unlike most folks here, I thoroughly bench test all my revolvers and never go by a seat of the pants impression. In the list of factors affecting the accuracy of a revolver, locktime is at the bottom. The factors that do affect accuracy, are common to all revolvers and not at all exclusive to single actions.

Page generated in 0.03532 seconds with 8 queries