View Single Post
Old March 17, 2013, 07:40 PM   #12
AK103K

Quote:
It has to do with the frame not being sufficiently restrained/prevented from moving.
I agree to a point. I believe that as long as the gun has mass behind it, mass that doesnt move with the gun under recoil, it will usually function without issue, even with "no grip" at all.

When Sturmgewehre first started posting his videos, I took my one of my box stock 17's out and tried to duplicate what he encountered. I had a very difficult time doing it, and was only able to get it to happen, when holding it sideways between my thumb and trigger finger, as he does in most of his videos. Even then, the failure rate was less then 30%, maybe 1 in 4 or 5, sometimes more.

When the gun was held more of less "normally", with the wrist behind the gun, even with absolutely no grip what so ever, and just the gun resting on the web of my hand and middle finger under the trigger guard, I fired 4 full mags, 68 rounds, without a single stoppage. The only thing keeping the gun from leaving my hand during recoil, was my finger in the trigger.

Its been my experience with the few people Ive taught to shoot over the years that had the issue, was as soon as I explained to them what I thought they were doing wrong, and they addressed it, the problem went away, and didnt return.

I know it happens to some people, I just think its a technique issue, more than a gun issue. If the person receives proper instruction right off, I doubt you'll even see it. Even if it should occur, a quick explanation should resolve it.

Page generated in 0.03731 seconds with 8 queries