View Single Post
Old December 19, 2009, 07:18 AM   #1
BlueTrain

Local home invasion

Contrary to what I like to mention in some of my posts, my neighborhood may not be as safe as I thought and it's even worse than that sound.

According to an article in yesterday's Washington Post, there was a "home invasion" at a house about two or three miles away. Now first of all, that sort of thing used to be called a burglary and "home invasion" is just hype. But it amounts to the same thing.

Supposedly a homeowner discovered a man making a lot of noice trying to get into the house at about 11:00 PM and the homeowner had time to arm himself. Though it said it was obvious there were people in the house, the intruder came on anyway. There was a gunfight. The homeowner was struck in the chest, the intruder fled without injury. But the man was arrested just a short time later anyway, not far from the police station. So you have to give the police a little credit here but unfortunately the homeowner gets a failing grade.

The police said it was unusual in that the burgular was armed, among other things. The thing that bothers me the most, however, is that the man arrested, who is 21, was given as living two blocks from me on my street.
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.02123 seconds with 8 queries