View Single Post
Old September 11, 2007, 11:40 PM   #1
dwatts47

Does shooting with strangers make you nervous?

After reading another thread it occurred to me that I might not be the ony one who feels less than 'safe' in a public range. Not to say that I don't get along with other shooters in person, quite the opposite, I just feel a little...
well....

I once saw a young (age) shooter blasting away as fast as he could pull the trigger. His 'pattern' was barely on the B27 he was shooting at, so he knew there was something wrong with the laser sight on his pistol. He looked to be tinkering with it after running his gun dry to slide lock. He inserted a fresh mag, dropped the slide relase and WITH FINGER STILL INSIDE TRIGGER GUARD, turned the gun 90 degrees up so with it aimed right at his face, he could make sure the laser was still on. I never saw a 350 pound rangemaster move so fast.

Then once I saw a man with a new at the time S&W 460XVR shooting (at seven yards) try to fire rapidly only to have the second shot of his double tap go off almost straight up, killing the target return cable box in his lane.

Then there was that time that a couple frat guys rented 2 pistols to shoot, and midway thru their rangetime I watched one spin a glock around his finger like a cowboy. BANG. He dropped the gun, and amazingly no one was hurt.

With this in mind, Am I off base to be a little , well jumpy at a public range with shooters I don't know?

Page generated in 0.03670 seconds with 8 queries