View Single Post
Old April 25, 2013, 05:22 AM   #5
nfafan

JMHO,

Reduced to the basics; it's an overpriced .45ACP carbine at rifle weight.

Had 2 of the West-Hurley/A-O .22LRs back in 1979 - returned one for repairs, sold the replacement they sent me without even shooting it as the build quality wasn't even close to Glenfield standards. Only thing nice was the walnut.

Fast-FWD to 1994, snagged a 127A1Deluxe after pouring thru a pile of them at a dealer looking for the best of the bunch. The .45 guns were better made than the .22s IMHO, but still left you feeling that the build could have been nicer. Supposedly Khar has worked out a lot of A-O induced build issues - like non-hardened bolts...

Mine had great cosmetics and was a real looker at the range (who doesn't like a Cutts, finned barrel, 1921TSMG VFG??) but as others have said; iffy converted GI mags, iffy-drum reliability, and now-way expensive-to-plink-with-brass .45ACP caused me to finally dump it. I do not miss it at all.

YMMV.

Page generated in 0.03504 seconds with 8 queries