View Single Post
Old July 17, 2005, 11:37 AM   #15
butch50

If you have already tried to walk away, tried to not be engaged in a fight, and if you are not able to do so - he has you backed into a corner or whatever, and If you think that at best you might win a fist fight after a long protracted bout but you very well may lose the fight and thus control of the situation -

Under these circumstances I would feel justified in pulling my gun, finger on the trigger safety off and giving him a warning. If the bg still tried to beat me then I would shoot him.

This would be an extremely rare scenario for me, highly unlikely. On the once in a blue moon occasion that I go into a bar I do not carry, against the law here. (Back in the day when I went into bars more often I never once got into a fight anyway) So that would not apply, in a bar I don't have a gun. I can't imagine where else I might get into a situation where someone would decide to thump on me, except maybe after a fender-bender in traffic. Certainly not just walking from my car to the supermarket, or in any of my ordinary day to day activities.

But under the above circumstances, yes I would shoot him to stop him from causing me bodily harm, which he has no right to cause me in spite of what the media and liberals may think - no one has the right to lay a finger on me; regardless of whether it costs him his life or not to stop him.

‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’ ~ Patrick Henry

Page generated in 0.03044 seconds with 8 queries