View Single Post
Old January 12, 2020, 08:25 AM   #36
HighDesert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spats McGee View Post
I say go handle different generations of G19 and get the one you like in your hand. Someone mentioned Toyotas in this thread and I've read something along the lines of: The G19 is the Toyota Camry of the gun world. It may not be exciting, but it's reliable. It runs every time. There are always parts available. And there's always going to be a buyer if you don't like it.
You’d think you could find a buyer for a Glock anytime. That sure wasn’t my experience. My Gen3 19 sat on consignment with a load of magazines and holders, and a nice Blackhawk IWB/OWB holster for six months for what the LGS said was a fair price for 6 months, before I gave up and pulled it back. There’s a point where there are just too many on the market and all the difference generations with little to no change can make them tough to sell.

I eventually sold it and did the transfer and all legal mambo jumbo at another LGS. That same store gladly took my Mossberg 500 off my hands. Another great gun I didn’t shoot. It just mangled my bad shoulder with each trigger pull. I had asked them if they were interested in buying the Glock prior and they had said they had too many “non-movers” already. I guess it all depends on where you live and who has what. Glocks are not always easy to sell. Now if I had a 229, 226 or a CZ something, it would have been a different story.

Not saying Glocks are bad. Just that sometimes there are way too many “Camrys” being dumped for you to sell yours, even if mint!

Page generated in 0.03444 seconds with 8 queries