View Single Post
Old January 7, 2020, 08:49 PM   #18
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
who does your gunsmith recomend????
This is the first stop. If your gunsmith only does Cerracote, or parkerize, ask them who they would send a gun to for a good blue job. And, ask them why.

Now, that's just where to start, bearing in mind that your gunsmith could be a good mechanical smith and an idiot about finish work, so keep asking around.

The guys in Turnbull's shop to outstanding work, but in your case would probably cost more than the gun is worth.

I don't know anyone to recommend, haven't had a gun reblued in decades, but I will ask around.

And, just my opinion, there's no point in going to a .243. The gun is set up for the longer .244/6mm and would do fine with a .257 as its the parent case.

Is the entire barrel "toast" or just the throat? IF its just the throat, have you considered having the original barrel set back and rechambered?? IF you have this done, you shouldn't have to make any major changes to the stock, which you might have to do with a new barrel from another maker.

All up to you, just naming some options, in case you didn't already think of them...

Page generated in 0.03171 seconds with 8 queries