View Single Post
Old December 13, 2018, 08:43 AM   #13
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp22 View Post
I thought I would start this discussion and see how other shooters view my thoughts, would it not make a lot of sense to put glock or m&p 2.0 the military handgun, my basis for this is low cost firearms that go bang all the time and if one needs repair it's relatively easy to fix. they are both combat accurate. just a thought , lets hear your thoughts.
"What handgun should the US military use?" is a fine morass to get into.

Quote:
my basis for this is low cost firearms that go bang all the time and if one needs repair it's relatively easy to fix.
There's going to be much more to it than that. Logistics, parts support. Soldier tech training at various levels. "Technical package" for the gun(s). Licensing, patents and intellectual property (because other people are probably going to make it too). And, "is it made in Representative X's district?" kinds of considerations..

Quote:
combat accurate
a euphemism
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Last edited by lee n. field; December 13, 2018 at 09:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.02539 seconds with 8 queries