View Single Post
Old April 2, 2000, 03:22 AM   #3
blades67

I don't have any experience with the Bren, but I do recall reading that the guns were ready before the magazines were. It was also related to me that some Bren 10s were shipped without magazines because of these problems. The problem you had was one of the stories I was told about.

You might start out by marking the problem magazine with blue machinists dye to find where the catch and the magazine are making contact. Do the same with the good magazine for comparison. If the contact areas are nearly the same, but the problem magazine is making less contact, try shimming the spine of the bad magazine. (You could use a piece of Linoleum secured temporarily with rubber cement or pieces of masking tape trimmed with an Exacto-blade knife to give better contact) If shimming resolves the problem with the magazine falling out, range test it for reliability. If reliability remains, have a gunsmith build up the spine with J-B Weld, or whatever he deems prudent, to the same height. Problem solved! (If not time consuming and expensive.) Well, that's the best idea I could think of on short notice.

------------------
Guns cause crime like spoons cause Rosie O'Donnell to be fat!

I hunt, therefore I am.

Page generated in 0.03732 seconds with 8 queries