Thread: Renting a house
View Single Post
Old April 9, 2009, 02:43 PM   #14
Dingoboyx

Cant you.....

Oh, probably not, was going to say, take it to school with you? JOKE, Kidding.... bad taste I know.... just an attempt at humour.... I know (failed)

On a serious note tho, I would be going for the gun cabinet idea. But, I wouldnt put my gun in it.... No, I would put a brick in it

Why, I hear you ask?
Well, I would put in a decent but fairly cheap gun cabinet (with brick) and hide my gun somewhere else. If BG breaks in, he wont go looking for your gun, he will think it is in the cabinet, and will either get put off coz its locked up (supposedly) and try to defeat your cabinet, or try to take the whole thing Meanwhile your gun is elsewhere. Does a mossburg 500 come apart easily? It is a shotgun, isnt it?Like, could you break it, keep the business end hidden in one place (with trigger lock) and the barrel section hidden elsewhere?

Here in Oz, as you know, we have really strich gun laws (especially for handguns) I have 17 handguns and 4 rifles/shotguns. I SIMPLY CAN NOT LET THEM GET STOLEN That would be worse than death.

So, how do I keep mine safe, I hear you ask?
Well, I have 7 safes, yup 7. 4 are bolted and welded on top of an ammo (8mm thick steel) box with concrete in the bottom. This unit (see pics) weighs 280kg (empty) I also have a rifle cabinet bolted alongside it and the whole unit weighs 350kg, and cant fit out the door of the closet it is locked in. On the shelf above, there is 2 other safes (all of theses safes are cheap, but quite strong) and would require some time to defeat (each) one bolted to the shelf and wall above (see pics) I have one more 5.5' ammo safe (6mm weighs 400kg) with another safe in this (to store my reloads in) out in my reloading shed.

Ok, problem for BG... first he breaks into the house (deadlocks) or thru the tile roof. Then he has to find where the safe(s) are, if he has come to get guns. He has to break into the wardrobe (solid door, padlocked) see pics to see what he see's Problem, which safe has what in it?? (each safe has about 200gr of black powder in it) he cant lift it or move it and it wont fit out the door opening bolted together. He cant cut or drill for fear of explosion ....
Which safe does he want to open first? each would take a while to defeat, Cant use power tools because of warning sign "beware quantity of black powder in each safe"
My 4 most sought after guns (centerfires, useable by criminals) a Glock34, P22, 44-40 Vaquaro & .44 mag Vaquaro are in there somewhere (the others are all black powder or old SA's (unavailable ammo Styre)

Which safe is what in? or, which safes have the parts in to make up the guns? hehehehehe ie, The Glock is in 4 safes (barrel & spring in 1, slide in another, body is in another, and the mags... well, they arent in a safe, they are just hidden. All of the revolvers have the cylinders out... which safe?.... just hidden hehehehehehe <evil snicker> If I need my 2 Vaq's and rifle & shotgun for CAS, it takes me 10 minutes to have the guns all ready. If I shoot practical, I can have the Glock and P22 together in about 15 minutes... time consuming, yes, safe YES heheheheheeheh <evil snicker again> And some parts arent even in these safes, so if he could teleport the safes out of the house somehow, he still couldnt use any of the HG's :-)

This is why I say, buy a cabinet, put in a brick (hidden spot weld it shut) let him rough up the cabinet or try to steal it, while your gun is safe, trigger locked hidden elsewhere in 2 unrecogniseable/disguised parts. (My guns ALL have trigger locks BTW) Havent lost any yet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg safes1.jpg (220.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg safes2.jpg (234.4 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by Dingoboyx; April 9, 2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: add pics, typed all then lost it when adding pics

Page generated in 0.02912 seconds with 9 queries