View Single Post
Old February 2, 2014, 12:49 AM   #44
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordis
So why then frank do we see people recommending M10 revolvers to newbs for there first gun so frequently if the platform is sub optimal for self defense. By your definition most every revolver out there is inadequate...
I have no idea why some people do things.

And I have several revolvers with very visible sights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordis
...What are you trying to say with your comments? That getting a revolver was foolish? That since I have been on hard times financially I had to get rid of ally my guns but the one my family member passed on to me?...
What I said in my post is what I said. My post speaks for itself.

If your gun has sights that are difficult to see -- whether it's a revolver or an old GI 1911 with those tiny sights -- and if you don't want to do anything to modify the sights, that's what you'll have to use -- a gun with sights that are difficult to see.

I would not choose a gun with sights that are difficult to see, and I would not recommend at gun with sights that are difficult to see. Sights that are difficult to see are in fact, based on the way I've been trained in the Modern Technique of the Pistol, a disadvantage in a self defense gun.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02921 seconds with 8 queries