View Single Post
Old June 28, 2011, 04:12 PM   #7
hornetguy

I fail to see why Richard Lee should be criticized for being a "shameless" self promoter, when he is providing load data his team did the research on, for which he is taking the responsibility. I have absolutely NO problem with his promoting his products. In fact, I would be surprised if he DIDN'T.
Look at the other manuals... most of them list loads for "their" bullets. Lyman lists loads mostly for "their" mold numbers. Accurate Arms manual lists loads mostly for their powders, with a few exceptions. It's the way it works. Shameless is correct, there is no shame in promoting his company... it's his manual.

edit: After reading my post, it comes across perhaps a little harsh... which it most certainly was NOT intended to be. It was more "thinking out loud" on my part, so please don't take offense. I used to wonder why Hornady would list loads for "their" bullets primarily, and Accurate would do the same for "their" powders... then I stopped and thought, well, heck, it IS their manual.. they SHOULD be promoting their product first.. Now I just have about 7 or 8 different manuals, the oldest being a Speer manual from about 1970 or so.

Last edited by hornetguy; June 28, 2011 at 04:26 PM.

Page generated in 0.02788 seconds with 8 queries