View Single Post
Old June 20, 2006, 05:58 AM   #25
Socrates

Tilden golf course, in Berkeley, Kalifornia, has a ton of deer, but, they most often are on the driving range. First off, at 150 yards, they are safe from 99% of the golfers in the world. With most golfers, the safest place to be is the target thieir aiming at, and I live on a golf course, and watch tons of bad golf...

Brief story, before I finish the above. On the 16th or 17th hole at Oakhurst Country Club, I took a 150 yard shot golf ball in the head, right on my temple. While mad as hell, and, I never found out who hit it, I'm still alive.

Now, after knowing that, I know deer are one Hell of a lot tougher then I am. I kept trying to hit the deer at the range, and, I'm a pretty good golfer, maybe in the 6-15 range, handicap wise, depending upon time of year, and amount of practice. I'm hitting drives at these deer, after they move out to about 270 yards, and I hit a buck feeding on the driving range. His head comes up, and he looks around, for maybe 5 seconds, and then went right back to feeding.

So, while at point blank range, the best deer weapon for your friend is probably his car.

The deer was NEVER in danger...

Recently, same scenerio, another driving range, same result, this time the deer, much smaller target, moved a bit when the ball landed close, like 5 feet, and then kept eating.

s

PS: Then their was the bluejay at the police range, at 25 yards, that elluded the entire police force in Santa Cruz trying to hit it, as, every close shot, it would jump in the air, and settle on the cable that held the silohuette targets. This in the 70's.

Page generated in 0.03710 seconds with 8 queries