View Single Post
Old October 14, 2005, 10:16 PM   #8
USP45usp

Andrew,

What is important is that does it work for you. My father always wanted me to fire with both eyes open, but I always closed one eye (the left).

I started to read on the subject and trained myself on it. My accuracy has improved greatly. Yet, even with it open, the left eye "sees" motion and is blurry but the right eye is stronger to me than I remember.

But, everything should be a blur anyway exept for your sights. The target is blurry, everything around me is blurry, all I see is the front and rear sights with such clarity that I actually put down the gun one time because I noticed that I had gotten a scratch on the top of the slide somehow. I had to take a closer look.

But, everyone shoots, sights different. Like golf, or bowling, you have to find what is right for you and gives you the best shots. It's hard to explain.

On slow fire, I aim and then I shift focus to the target and "burn" into my brain where I wish to hit the target, then I shift to focus on the sights and then put the front sight where my mind says that the area I wish to hit exists and then fire until out or told to stop.

In my years of shooting, I have learned how to keep both eyes open, focus, re-focus, focus, re-focus, as I'm firing, the short pause bringing back to target, fire, etc..

It's really hard to explain, there is no "fix" for everyone and everything. There is no standard that one size fits all. The same goes with guns, carry rigs, everything that deals with any type of 'sport' or personal action.

Try out everything and then develope what works for you. That's all I can say.

Wayne

Page generated in 0.03008 seconds with 8 queries