View Single Post
Old August 13, 2017, 04:56 PM   #122
FireForged

Quote:
You don't think kicking someone, full-force in the head; repeatedly, is not life threatening? And leaving someone brain-damaged or paralysed is not reason enough for intervention?
Repeatedly can mean twice and it can mean 50 times. I will say that the specific attack method and duration that is shown in the video is [not] what I would call life threatening. Other people in other places might say it is..but I wouldn't. As I said earlier each blow is a new calculus and I might have felt differently had it continued. But it didn't.

Is he brain damaged? or Paralyzed?

Quote:
I wager that of the fights you've witnessed of this kind where you've seen the victim alive and the end, you've never followed their progress and prognosis through the healthcare system to know which permanent sequelae he/she had.
You would be incorrect, the majority of attacks that I have witnessed were under circumstances where I did know exactly what the extent of the injuries were to the victim and how they progresses or worsened during treatment.

Quote:
It doesn't need to be fatal to be worthy of intervention.
That depends on the type of intervention. If you mean pull the guy off the other.. I don't disagree.

Quote:
A gunshot from a pistol is fatal in 1/7 of cases according to one ER trauma surgeon I saw give a talk on it. So, get shot and you'll probably survive, yet if someone pulls a gun, no one questions the validity of responding in kind.
I think that would be considered by some to be a precedent that could potentially be set by existing case law. If one form of attack is generally accepted as deadly force (without question) and the other required substantial qualification... that's your pickle.

Last edited by FireForged; August 13, 2017 at 05:03 PM.

Page generated in 0.02152 seconds with 8 queries