View Single Post
Old November 5, 2012, 12:16 PM   #25
musicmatty

[QUOTE]agreed. the thing that has me perplexed is that gun owners frequently complain about the price tag for the newer Win 94's but then complain about the inexpensive lever guns on the market being lemons. case in point, Marlins and Mossbergs are priced at 1/3 the cost but there seem to be frequent complaints about build quality and function. so basically gun owners want a less expensive lever gun and will complain when it doesn't meet their satisfaction, but they'll also complain about paying a higher price tag for a Winchester 94, that by all accounts, is a better quality firearm. gun owners can't have it both ways. you get what you pay for imo[/QUOTE]

'You get what you pay for'...doesn't always ring true with everything..in fact..the markup for many items, is extremely high....we paid a lot for American automobiles for years..and they took us to the cleaners with giving us junk.

What I know is this...I can purchase a gun for 3..4 or even $500. and have something that is very suspect, or pay a grand for something that you can put your trust in without any reservation...not a hard decision to make. The other very attractive alternative is...the gun shops have plenty of used Winchesters that are very affordable to snatch up.

Page generated in 0.02821 seconds with 8 queries