View Single Post
Old January 14, 2014, 11:59 AM   #64
bugout2112

Froglube fail

There's another thread on this, and I have to say I agree with his assessment. I know some people here may like it, but my experience with it is definitely not good. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with this stuff, especially from all the hype about it being so non-toxic you can use it as mint frosting on a bundt cake. I also took some time before finalizing my opinion and my conclusion is that it's viscosity changes over time, and it's and it just plain turns to syrup when it sits for a while (in my experience). I ordered the froglube liquid about a year ago, and it works great initially, as in, clean and go shoot within a week, and it has interesting cleaning properties (after using Mpro7 cleaner with nothing on the patch, you can get more black with froglube), but the problem is when you clean/lube and then store. Yes, I know the company will say I put too much on, but that is bs. I don't over-lube my guns at all, the problem is that when it's on my p220 is sitting inside my nightstand after month or so, racking the slide feels like it was dipped in maple syrup, very sluggish and gummed up, like a dampening system was put in the gun. This should not happen. The action is jacked up, and i have to go through all my guns now and get this gunk off. Their MSDS is basically a secret, and it's my suspicion that they are using some natural oil (jojoba, or avocado) and combine it with a super strong minty substance to mask it so you can't tell (it almost smells sugary) which oxidizes over time and becomes thick and syrupy (but this is just my theory). I think in colder weather, "the syrup effect" is even worse. If you like this stuff, great, but this is my experience. If anyone has any recommendation on another non-toxic, non-carcinogenic lube (I heard about Slip 2000 EWL?) let me know. Thanks.

Page generated in 0.02399 seconds with 8 queries