View Single Post
Old December 3, 2013, 05:16 PM   #8
Nickel Plated

Yeah i hear the Cimarron is a nice shotgun. The problem with cheap doubles usually is they may look nice. They may work, the real question is how long they will work.

The whole hinged receiver on a double barreled shotgun is a pretty weak design. A large part of the cost of higher end doubles is the engineering and manufacturing required to make that design be able to withstand tens of thousands of rounds. Most of the cheap ones work fine at first, but you'll hear plenty of stories of them breaking, wearing out and just shooting themselves apart after a some heavy use.

From what i hear the Cimarron is an exception. That's definitely my choice when I get around to adding a SxS to my collection. They also have some hammerless models for right around the same price. Plus a nice 1897 Winchester replica for a good price.

Sounds like a nice company to look into.

I definitely prefer hammers and double triggers on my doubles though. Something about those rabbit ears just looks right. Also nice if you plan to keep it loaded for extended periods, you can just ease the hammers down and not keep the springs under tension, plus instant selection of what barrel to shoot without screwing with any switches.
i hear that if you're buying a cheap SxS, you're better off with an external hammer, double trigger gun. Simpler design with less stuff to screw up on you compared to a hammerless selective trigger.

Page generated in 0.03003 seconds with 8 queries