View Single Post
Old March 23, 2013, 08:38 AM   #18
valleyforge.1777

Scorch: There's a big difference between oiled and greased. A rifle that is thoroughly greased with the intention of avoiding rust during a long storage can come through without rust. A rifle that was cleaned and oiled after shooting, then wrapped in gun case and blanket and left in an attic is going to be rusted and corroded, and is going to be USELESS for anything other than a police/politician buy-back. (SteveNChunter, I don't agree with you about the buy-back programs, but it is OK for people to have different views. I understand your points about playing into their hands, but I look at it differently. I think anything that sets a price floor for firearms just helps me to have a more valuable collection.)

As for dis-assembly and reassembly of a model 94, whatever. Give the man useful advice, though, and saying it is easy is not being helpful to this man. I don't care what you did when you were 15. People who know model 94 Winchesters know they are not easy to disassemble and reassemble. But like I said, whatever. It is not my rifle and I know enough not to rely on bad advice.

I like the guy who says, "show it some love". Yeah, whatever. I love Winchester lever rifles with all my heart, but the time to have shown this particular one some love was 40 years ago! The time has come and gone, long ago for this rifle.

Anyway, the lack of posted pictures speaks loudly about the condition of the rifle. Obviously, it is a mess.

Page generated in 0.03333 seconds with 8 queries