View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 04:44 PM   #15
Magnum Wheel Man

a copy of my letter to my senator & representatives...

I hope you are not swayed by the new gun bans / magazine capacity reductions, & crazy new regulations proposed by our east coast friends... unfortunately, none of these are going to bring back the dead, or have any effect on future horrific events...

I feel that we as a society are sick, we have kids that can't hardly work, as they ate "happy meals" their whole lives, & never got the nutrition they needed as they developed ( I run a manufacturing plant in Albert Lea ) I've seen 1st hand, these young kids coming into the work force, with bad joints, & no muscle mass... they end up unemployed & sitting home all day playing video games where they kill people, often these games are quite graphic... I think there is an "auto game" where it's required that you run over & kill 2 police officers to move up to the next level... when I had one young guy tell me this, I was horrified, yet he saw nothing wrong with it... these young people are growing up in homes with a single parent, & seem to be lacking role models, & not attending a church...

Unfortunately I don't think the "tools" are the problem... if someone was determined to kill more school kids than the last guy, he need only buy an old station wagon, sit parked a block from school, & wait for the buses to line up... I'm quite certain, by punching the gas, at the right ( wrong ) time, that person could in effect kill way more kids... it would be crazy to ban old station wagons...

So...I hope you'll be progressive in helping find a cure for the sickness our society has come down with, lack of morality, lack of spirituality, & not punish legal, moral, working persons of our society...

BTW... I am a fire arms enthusiast, but rarely shoot anything semi auto, so I doubt I really have a "dog in this fight", other than I know our American RIGHTS are being trampled on, & I do understand that some concessions may need to be made, but pushing paperwork through so fast, that all members are not allowed to vote, & by not including people that at least understand the legal limits, & the correct terms of what was being banned or regulated, they've only un-necessarily taxed our legal system, & complicated it for regulatory personnel
I hope that the great state of Minnesota can remain a great place to live & work, & grow business, & not get caught up in needlessly punishing the 99.9% that would never do the things these others have done to punish society or their mothers, or get their name in the news, or whatever possible motivation they might have for justifying their totally unsocial agendas
Mike

Page generated in 0.02584 seconds with 8 queries