View Single Post
Old January 8, 2017, 02:53 PM   #6
Damon555

I'm a mess.....I'm left handed but right eye dominant. I shoot rifles right handed but shoot handguns left handed but always sighted with my right eye.....As I've progressed in age (now 46) my eyesight, especially my right eye, has been going down hill.....the typical down hill, reading glasses are now almost always required for close up work.

Over the last few weeks I've been using my left eye when shooting my handguns.....I now actually shoot handguns better using my left eye....If you can teach yourself to shoot rifles left handed the eye dominance problem should not be an issue....switching eyes wasn't difficult for me any way.

As far as rifle shooting goes the hardest part of shooting left handed for me was the feel of the trigger with my left hand.....It's funny that it never bothered me with a handgun....but many (most) of my rifles have target weight triggers in them and I have a tendency to over power them with my left index finger.

Don't worry, switching can be done. Once you get used to it you'll be much happier.....being able to actually see the sights or cross hairs will put a smile on your face.

Page generated in 0.03562 seconds with 8 queries