View Single Post
Old November 14, 2013, 09:38 PM   #2
bedbugbilly

Not too long ago, I purchased an small antique pistol horn with a flask top on it from an individual on-line. It's a neat horn flask . . . but . . . imagine my surprise when I picked up the package at the post office, got it home and then discovered it was full of old 3F. I contacted the seller right away, let them know that it arrived OK and then gently reminded them that there are some rules about shipping hazardous materials . . . . .

And then I well remember many years ago visiting a friend that I hadn't seen for years at his home that he had built the year before. He had a nice fire going in the fireplace . . it was cold out and he had it all nice and warm on the inside. He showed me their new home and then when we sat back down in the living room . . I asked him about the Ohio syle rifle hanging over the fireplace and the powder horn with it. Both had been passed down in his family. He took the rifle down so I could look it over and when I passed it back to him . . . he handed me the horn to look at. As soon as I had it in my hand, I knew it was about half full. I suggested that he may want to empty it out and get rid of the powder before he hung it over his fireplace . . .
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02324 seconds with 8 queries