View Single Post
Old November 28, 2011, 11:46 AM   #155
Dwight55

I'm sorry, Hook, . . . this lady may be a great vet, . . . but her "facts" are as far as I am concerned, . . . far more "opinion" based on some anecdotal event in some days past.

Dogs have an excellent memory, . . . my Norwegian Elkhound had not seen his original owner for several years, . . . yet absolutely knew him when he stopped by for a visit. Maybe not all dogs (like people, too) have great memories, . . . but to paint them all with a 1 hour brush, . . . she needs to get in another line of work if she's depending on that stuff for a living.

Her "earthbound" theory is rubbish too: dogs in their natural habitat, are predators, not prey. THAT is the reason they will at least come toward you or I.

Dogs have 3 responses to other animals 1) the other is prey, attack it; 2) the other is a competing predator, attack it; or 3) the other is an overwhelming threat, flee. Obviously, . . . 2 out of 3 are bad for the object, . . . and most dogs I have ever been around are not afraid to attack anything, regardless of size, if the "attack" button has been pushed.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.02468 seconds with 8 queries