View Single Post
Old February 6, 2011, 11:06 AM   #6
Dewhitewolf

I have also attended Front Sight. I definitely improved my shooting skills, though admittedly that was a low bar to raise; I had only been doing recreational shooting in my time and only had a basic pistol course before. I am also strictly civilian, therefore I do not (and because I live in NJ, cannot) carry everyday. Nevertheless, I brought myself to a whole new level of skill and confidence thanks to the 4 day defensive handgun course.

Front Sight sells a dry practice manual to compliment the training learned in class (there are different manuals for pistol, shotgun, etc.). These are not a substitute for the class, but are a great tool to review the material outside of class. The manuals are not included in the course cost; they are optional at extra cost.

Outside the grounds of Front Sight is just desert. I remember that some people were parking campers there, though I don't know whether it is legal to simply park a camper anywhere.

Classes start at 8:00 am, though the first day starts earlier. In both cases, give yourself plenty of time to get there if you're staying in either Pahrump or Vegas.

Page generated in 0.03413 seconds with 8 queries