View Single Post
Old May 3, 2005, 11:11 PM   #2
Sturm

JR, there are many good molds out there. Do you know what type and weight of bullet you want to shoot. In .357, I like button nose wadcutters, hard cast for small animals (pests), plinking and target type stuff with a little .357 magnum velocity thrown in at around 1100-1150 FPS and high load density. For a possible game bullet I like the most meplat I can get and that usually means a RNFP or some prefer to stick with a SWC. The weights for these Lyman bullets are for Linotype and I hope they are both still available and SAECO molds are also excellent. These are from Lyman; 141 gr. BNWC #358495 and you don't have to use linotype, or the velocity I do,. A 15 Brinell Lyman #2 alloy will help reduce leading if your going to work around the sub-sonic level and wheel weights can also be heat treated to achieve a higher BHN than 9. The heavier bullet at 150 (linotype) is the #358477 and has a slightly rounded ogive and a good meplat. A sizer will allow you to get the finshed diameter you need and extremely hard alloys can sometimes get you a smaller diameter than you wanted

Page generated in 0.03007 seconds with 8 queries