Thread: Gigand Spectrum
View Single Post
Old June 8, 1999, 02:13 PM   #1
Kodiac

I had ordered a few knives, one of which is from Gigand. The Gigand Spectrum.
This is a very nifty little knife! The Spectrum series comes in several different colors - mine is blue. The Knife is retailed between 30 and 40 dollars. This knife is VERY well made. If this knife was from Benchmade or another NAME BRAND company - I would expect about 80 dollars retail or more.
The knife is very light... about 2 ounces? Maybe lighter... The blade is Razor sharp... And I do mean RAZOR - it effortlessly shaved a bald patch on my forearm (bad habit of a sharpness test, I know).
The great thing about it is that it is very PC... and the colors make it even "friendly." MY WIFE WANTS IT! I said no... But I will now have to order a Red one for her! This knife has a 3 inch blade, made of AUS-8 steel. Just cause its not ATS-34 doesnt mean its no good! ATS-34 is in fact VASTLY over rated. AUS-8 takes a good edge and holds it well, while allowing you to sharpen it easily. the Gigand will have no problem traveling under FAA guidlines, and it wont surprise any Airport Security either... in fact - they will probably ask you where you got it. I have got that alot here at work... every one wants one! Even non knife people want one. People are giving me orders for them! For 50 Each!
A little tool kit comes with the knife - A little wrench for the adjustable blade tension, and a tiny allen wrench for the clip. Nifty unit. I recoment it highly.

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Page generated in 0.02589 seconds with 8 queries