View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 11:45 AM   #32
Ought6

Clicking the action??????????

I've covered this it seems 100 times.

The only times the encounters make the headlines is when blood is drawn on either party. I've had at least 5 confrontations stopped with either firing in the air or drawing my handgun and clicking the action. I know of at least 20 more that have done the same in my area. I agree on pepper spray being used as a secondary measure. Have I tested that crap in a slight breeze???? Yes !!! I think the name "udap!" is really a foreign cuss word that comes out when that stuff comes back in your face . Relying on mother nature for the perfect conditions and your threat to cooperate and please stand downwind, is not in my repertoire. No, my first reaction is... "hand on trusty Redhawk".
___

I can understand how a shot over the head of, in front of, between the legs of a bear MIGHT scare it away but just can't see how drawing the gun and "clicking the action" is going to act as any kind of deterrent for bear, wolf, coyote, goldfish, hamster, stuffed animal or predator of any kind that simply has no idea what a gun is. I can see how this may deter a human predator, but a wild animal, get SERIOUS______________

Page generated in 0.03365 seconds with 8 queries