View Single Post
Old October 27, 2012, 10:34 PM   #5
4runnerman

F-Class open or FTR Class?. I have said scope you are talking about purchasing. I love it. More magnification is always better for tight groups.
If it is F-Class open ( Not that a 308 is not good) But you are out classed from the get go. I shoot F open and i went with a 6MMBR. If FTR is your game then it's hard to say. Bedding a rifle does not always make it more accurate,sometimes it harms accuracy. At what range are you pulling .5 groups?. What im getting at is,almost any bullet will group good at say 100 yards. I do all my load tests at 300 yards. Maybe tweak your load or so.
As Allaround hunter says, Groups will open up at a distance,that is not always because of the shooter. Testing groups at 100 yards is useless in my book. Not to be insulting at all,but is it the rifle or you?. Hows your breathing,trigger squeeze,ect ect?. There are just so many variables here that to bear it all down on the rifle is a stab. What kind of groups are you holding at 600 yards?.

Looking at your scores you posted,I must say you are in the ball game already. ( Great Shooting ) It seems rifle is doing its thing already. Are some of these flyers?. I think if i was you,I would just practice more as you seem to be doing very well already.

Last edited by 4runnerman; October 27, 2012 at 10:40 PM.

Page generated in 0.02236 seconds with 8 queries