View Single Post
Old August 28, 2009, 09:02 AM   #16
elkman06

Unfortunately, being a western Rocky mountain state, Wyoming has become a long sought after goal with a lot of hunters. The Utah hunters in particular are infusing the west/southwest corner of the state each year. I really try not to generalize but I have yet to meet one who: A: has read the hunting manual thoroughly, or B: actually came here to hunt a trophy.
For the past 4 yrs I have watched them drive the State highways at sundown, shooting from the road, on anything that has antlers. Their camps are a mess,,etc. I truly wish they didn't come here. On the other hand, I have found that most of the California hunt camps in the same area tend to be well run. I've met a lot of them who were going home empty handed as they did not find an animal that met their "trophy" criteria. I realize that trophies tend to be subjective but I don't classify a two point shot from the road a "trophy".
elkman06

"Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"

Page generated in 0.03753 seconds with 8 queries