View Single Post
Old February 28, 2008, 11:44 PM   #31
Inspector3711

Hehe... I've grown up around firearms.. I'm from a small timber industry town in Oregon where I could shoot pretty freely.
When I say a slug in the parking lot I'm speaking of copper jacketed pieces of lead, some of which matched the 9mm profile. When I say .45 caliber hole in the door I'm talking about a .458" diameter slug that was pried out of a window casing at the other end of the room. And yes, we measured it (Hence the name Inspector3711, I inspect and measure aircraft parts. I work for the company on one hand and for the FAA on the other). We've had three gun battles in the parking lot during work in the last ten years. One of them happened when a Vietnam vet was working in an out building. He split his chin on the concrete he hit the deck so hard. I witness another one as two guys shot at each other from behind cars in the lot while an employee in the lot was sneaking a smoke during work time. He stood there in shock. Didn't think of being in danger until they both ran off whenthey heard the cops. they each shot two or three rounds and didn't hit each other or a car! A reminder that an automatic pistol with open sites ain't real accurate at 150 feet.
A man was found stabbed to death in the front parking lot one morning. Our maintenance guy came in early one day and found that four guys had broken into the shop. One pulled a knife so he drove them where they wanted to go (from Seattle to Tacoma). They were arrested down the street from where he dropped them thanks to a cell call to 911.
The slugs are usually found on Monday mornings after a weekend at the OK Corral. As I said, the concrete on the side of the building has some pockmarks/chips. We also have people sweep up syringes and condoms from the lot monthly. Oh, as you can imagine we frequently have numerous piles of glass in the lot. The majority have labels that contain the words "Old" and "English".
I've been to Buena Park, Compton, and Oakland on the west coast. I traveled through The Bronx and Harlem every day for 10 days on a business trip and spent some time on the lower east side and I've been to South Boston. I know what a bad neighborhood is.
The neighborhood I work in is in Seattle believe it or not. Things have been changing for the better in recent years, but now with a new gang uprising.......

Page generated in 0.03138 seconds with 8 queries