Thread: December
View Single Post
Old October 31, 2005, 05:58 AM   #8
Rich Lucibella
Staff

OK, Don, lemme slog on thru and try to ferret out the question in there.
Sweeping one's leg while drawing, I think it is.
Quote:
You keep referring to a guy continually sweeping his leg while drawing.
We must be reading different threads, because I can't find even one post where I stated that someone was sweeping his leg while drawing.

Of course it's impossible with many holsters to draw without the muzzle at some point covering flesh. I think that's common knowledge. There are a few trainers out there who argue that this "violation" of the Four Rules grants them license to further relax those rules in other areas. Some trainers just don't get it, I guess.

However, the issue of one shooter sweeping his leg at the course in question was not brought up in the article but (third or fourth hand) by one of the attendees thru an internet post. Apparently it was reported in the context of (improperly) employing Condition Sul, perhaps the most bastardized and misunderstood firearms technique around.

I agree with you that one can learn from any qualified instructor out there, and I've never referred to Gabe as unqualified. The writer, however, didn't feel that this particular Suarez offering was worth the price of admission. YMMV.
Rich
Rich Lucibella is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03486 seconds with 8 queries