View Single Post
Old May 13, 2002, 02:04 PM   #13
Master Blaster

Quote:

There is a simple formula for calculating optimal pressure for sufficient obturation based on hardness. I wish I could remember off the top of my head, but I believe BHN 18 requires 35kpsi, which is pretty stout for a 9mm.

End Quote

I shoot the same hardness of 18 in my .45 ACP and I'm sure it does not require 35,000 psi to obdurate in my .45 barrel else my 4.0 grains of titegroup would blow up all my 1911s and all those of the bullseye competitors at the club.
Or my accuracy would be very poor and I would have alot of leading in my .45 barrel. My accuracy is excellent and my leading almost non-exsistant

Also Jacketed bullets are brinell 18-22 I was told by the caster who makes the bullets, so jacketed bullets would be too dangerous to use in my glocks as well at 35,000-42,000 psi.

The problem with glocks and lead was very obvious when I used commercial lead ammo. The soft swaged bullets left two noticible rings of lead in the barrel which obscured the rifling near the muzzle and the chamber after 25 rounds!!!

Page generated in 0.03329 seconds with 8 queries