View Single Post
Old March 30, 2013, 06:09 PM   #51
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbert
I was asserting. I assert that the sun will rise tomorrow. The only proof is by long observation that there seems to be a trend one can rely upon....
Actually, there is an enormous amount of data supporting that -- including some very robust theories regarding the dynamics of bodies orbiting the Sun.

Quote:
...I assert that if one tries this stunt that the expressed derailing of the event will occur. Such derailings have happened before and there's no reason to think this one would be immune. In fact, our political opposition has every reason to intervene...
But unless you have some actually evidence to support that assertion, it's just your guess and not worth anyone's attention.

Quote:
...Even if I have no facts to back up my assertion- it's still a bad idea.
It might well be a bad idea, but your assertion, based apparently on your guess, really has nothing to do with it.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.03029 seconds with 8 queries