View Single Post
Old February 20, 2013, 12:40 AM   #24
haliwa04

Re: This ones for the ladies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
Wow, you're a tad rude. Some of us have wives, girlfriends, sisters, mothers, you get the idea. Most women I've gone shooting with have had no problem telling me which of my guns they liked and which they didn't. They're grown women, they can speak for themselves. However my wife isn't on this forum, she's reading. She is in the room however, and I often ask her opinion when posting on here.

Nice of you to make blanket statements. Does my wife love shooting? Not really. Does she get a kick out of shooting cans with the Ruger 10/22? Yea she does. She has things she likes better than guns so she has her own forums to visit. Doesn't mean every male member of these forums is talking out of our butts.

The best course of action is to let her choose for herself as has been said. Bring her to a store that has a decent staff that won't get uppity at showing a number of items. Let her hold anything that gets her fancy. She'll come out of it with a small list. Maybe you can rent some of those things she likes. Take that list and then look online to see if any of those have glaring problems. Most likely they won't, IMO it's harder to find an unreliable handgun than a reliable one.

For what it's worth, my wife loves the SR9c. She picked it out from all the ones in the store. It's the easiest for her small hands to hold and get a good grip.
Didn't mean to be rude. And I haven't suggested any guns to her. For the most part, she's on her own unless she has a question. She's a bit timid with strangers, so she asks me first. I've taken her in about 10 different shops in the past month or so, nothing. She sees guns online that she likes, gets to the store, and "good luck finding that" is what she hears. Most trips consist of me drooling on 1911s in the "sell a kid" range and her looking past glocks and xds for that ever rare sr9c and m&p9c. I tried the whole pink gun deal long ago and had a silent ride home. She wants her .38 coated black with zombie green accents, which a friend of mine is going to do once we get it back. For the most part, she likes looking at guns or so she's told and expressed to me and her folks. She warmed up to a nice Sig 250, until the tag flipped over and said $600. I think that's the hardest part. I've explained to her just like a few others, guns are tools, and for the most part, you get what you pay for with a few exceptions. I know the money's there, and so does she, its the thought of a major purchase that's freaking her out. I even offered to sell one of mine if she'd get what she wants. But, her being the woman she is, and knowing how much I love my guns, she refuses.

Page generated in 0.03918 seconds with 8 queries