View Single Post
Old February 16, 2013, 12:56 PM   #1
weblance

My New 10/22 Takedown(Not What You Think) Beretta Neos Carbine

I have a new 10 shot .22 (10/22... get it? ) Takedown Carbine. Its a Beretta Neos pistol, and the Neos Carbine Kit. Since I already have four 10/22 carbines, the idea of a fifth, in the takedown version just seemed kind of redundant. I have 22 pistol disease, and recently bought a Beretta Neos. I really like the Neos, and part of the reason I bought it, was the fact that the Carbine Kit is available to make it into a handy, takedown carbine. Well... the Carbine Kits are hard to come by. The Neos pistol is made here in Maryland, and in Italy, but the Carbine Kit is only made in Italy. I dont know if they dont import that many to the US, or simply dont make that many kits. I had been watching several online retailers, and last week, several popped up on Ebay, so I grabbed one.

I have not shot it yet, but reviews from owners of the Carbine comment about excellent accuracy. The combination Neos pistol, and Carbine Kit is more expensive than the MSRP of a Ruger 10/22 Takedown, but with the Neos and Carbine Kit, you have the option of going back and forth between pistol and carbine, so that is an advantage. Right now, it seems the 10/22 Takedowns are selling for right around $500, and thats just a few dollars more than a Neos pistol, and Neos Carbine Kit.

The only disadvantage I see of the Neos Carbine when compared to the Ruger 10/22 Takedown, is the fact there are no aftermarket high capacity magazines. A couple of advantages are that its lighter, and the scope, if equipped, stays with the barrel, on a cantilever mount, theoretically staying in zero better, when the barrel is removed and replaced numerous times. The Ruger 10/22 Takedown with a scope mounted, the scope stays with the receiver, although reports are that the scope does stay in zero when the barrel is removed and replaced. Some owners comment that the Neos Carbine length of pull is too short. I am a large man, and I dont find it distracting, or uncomfortable.

The Neos Carbine barrel is 16 1/8" long, and total length is 31". The Ruger 10/22 Takedown barrel is 18 1/2" and total length is 37"

I am looking forward to shooting the Neos carbine. I need to find a soft takedown case like what the 10/22 Takedown comes with, and I will be all set.

Last edited by weblance; February 16, 2013 at 02:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.03184 seconds with 8 queries