View Single Post
Old March 12, 2012, 07:41 AM   #9
Deja vu

I love my 357 magnum Marlins! That said I would pick a pump 12ga over it any day for self defense.

The 357 magnum from a rifle is not nearly as piercing as it is from a hand gun but it is still plenty loud. While a 12ga is probably just as loud as a 357 magnum rifle the sound is much lower and much less piercing.

a 357 magnum rifle can all so get some pretty good numbers for velocity I have chronographed round over 2000FPS. The 357 magnum gains much more power from a carbine than most other pistol calibers.... but I would still take the shot gun loaded with buck shot.

you are lucky to have the police so close. The only time I ever had to call the cops it took them about 40 min to get to my house and that was for a home intruder (that turned out to be a Raccoon)

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...

Page generated in 0.02859 seconds with 8 queries