View Single Post
Old November 10, 2008, 09:03 PM   #8
mtlucas0311

Sure, I pretty much agree. I generally don't believe people who I don't know though. It's really easy to say that "this was only worked on by the famous gunsmith so and so..." but with out proper documentation I rarely believe them. My own father (who is a very honest person) will swear to you the bulls eye guns we shoot are from so and so...but further inspection reveals that it just isn't the case. I think things get twisted over time, especially long periods about how good, or who did what. Also, technology and the methods to improve the guns change. The .45's I mentioned were not shooting as well as they did in years past down at Perry, I took mine to one of gunsmiths on comercial row and he took it apart and said it was a very nice job, but very old and in need of some work. He mentioned the methods used (something with silver solder in the springs?) and said they were cutting edge in their time, but now it's just not used. But ask my dad and he'll tell you they are finely tuned cutting edge weapons. But again, you can get a really nice gun from somebody that put alot of rounds through it and may just need a minor going through. Especially a PPC gun since the rounds are so easy on the gun.

Page generated in 0.03124 seconds with 8 queries