View Single Post
Old July 22, 2007, 03:45 PM   #1
Homerboy

Thinking of retiring my revolvers

I have three revolvers, a Ruger SPNY, a S&W 642 with CTC grips, and a S&W 66 .357. I really like them, but I am thinking of selling at least the two .38's. Why? Well, last night at 1 AM I was awakened by a knock at the door. I grab the 642 and go to the door. I see a guy I recognize from the building and a guy in a maintenance outfit. The guy in the uniform (I've seen him around) is telling me that my toilet has a leak and id going into the other guy's apartment. My 642 is in my pocket and everything was as he said. he had to replace a rubber valve or something and he left with his apologies. After he left, I got to thinking. Most home invasions are several guys. Hit ratio in shooting are generally very low (cops hit less than 20% of the time), and even direct hits might not be enough to stop a guy before he gets to you. I have several semi auto's that I really like. Other than range use, I'm kind of wondering if I should bother with the revolver anymore. I'll probably keep them since I don't know how much I could get for them and I would not sell the 66, but I'm thinking for carry and nightstand gun, the auto's are the way to go. I must admit the 642 is so easy to carry. I'm just ranting here, I guess. I'll probably just let them sit in the safe, but the 1AM knock definitly got me thinking. With a pregnant wife in the next room, I want to be prepared for the worst, you know?

Page generated in 0.03751 seconds with 8 queries