View Single Post
Old February 23, 2018, 09:22 PM   #14
Number10GI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLCane View Post
^^^^

Thanks for the honest and forthright reply. I am thinking of more than clothes and weather, but if I have a carry pistol that I know I won't carry, it doesn't do much good. I am simply not going to carry something that is too heavy or that I will be nervous about printing. I am not sure where you are from, but here in South Florida, guns are a really, really touchy subject - even before what happened last Wednesday. I would rather carry something that may not be ideal for defense than not carry at all.
Don't worry about printing. When I first started carrying I felt like everybody could see the imprint of my pistol and were ready to scream "gun". Most people are completely oblivious about what is going on around them and most won't even think a small bulge is a gun. I've been carrying a long time now and really don't give a rat's butt if there is a small amount of printing. No one has ever said anything to me if they even noticed it in the first place. If someone ever asks me about a small bulge I'll tell them its a colostomy bag, wanna see it?
Keep in mind that the 380 is really not much more than the bare minimum for a defensive weapon. I have one and sometimes when I'm in a hurry to take a short trip to the store I'll slip into my pocket, but my 9mm S&W Shield is my primary gun. There are some very small 9mm pistols that can be carried in a front pocket but use a pocket holster. I have been really happy with the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

Page generated in 0.02983 seconds with 8 queries