View Single Post
Old January 20, 2018, 11:36 PM   #13
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarandTd View Post
I'm not sold on the "revolver is the best 1st gun" idea, but that's me. I know you are a revolver fan, TruthTellers, and that's ok. I'm not here to change your mind. I think the da/SA semi-automatic offers the best of both and allows it's user to narrow down what he/she likes and what works for them.
I'm not saying that a revolver is everone's best first gun, but I think for the OP it is. He's not going to hit the range that much with the work he's gotta do in college and the tail he's gotta chase, which he better be because it only gets harder to find once college ends. He's not going to have to worry about jam clearing drills and such.

I am of the opinion that revolvers make the best home defense guns because you can keep them loaded for decades without issues and he can shoot an ammunition he's most comfortable with, even if it's a low power and lower recoil one that might not cycle a slide.

Somebody who was more familiar had more people around him with guns to give him during his teen years to practice with and be proficient, I would say semi auto pistol, but OP isn't that person and I'm giving my best advice.

Page generated in 0.05195 seconds with 8 queries