View Single Post
Old October 28, 2010, 05:07 PM   #217
pax

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax
I just think it's amazing how many people can't imagine wanting to save the life of a family member who's more than three steps away from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj
I dont understand this at all, are you saying that a person cannot save the life of a family member without high levels of training? Hog wash.
No, I'm saying that if your family member is more than three large steps away, you will need more skill than your "7 yards" standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondgraham
In what world is this statement not offensive and insulting?
Aaron, I'm sorry you read it that way. Please re-read with this thought in mind: several people have suggested that the only skill they can possibly imagine needing is being able to pull out a gun and hit a target a few steps away.

Go back to my original post: if you personally would intervene to save the life of an innocent person (including a member of your own family) more than a few steps away from you, you should learn how to do that. Some people here got hung up on the "Would I save a stranger" aspect, and overlooked the fact that family members sometimes get more than a few steps from each other.

pax

Page generated in 0.03581 seconds with 8 queries