View Single Post
Old October 6, 2009, 08:29 PM   #43
bamafan4life

Quote:
what would happen to all these gun and ammo manufacturers and magazines we all read if all the gun gurus printed that all anyone needs is a .22, a 30/30 and a 12 guage. the economy and the gun world as we know it would come to an end.
thats exactly what i tell every new shooter and they always end up with something like 300wsm .17hmr and 20 gauge (like my brother hes 300 pounds and got a 20 gauge) and you never see them shooting them cause 1. they can not afford it. 2. they dont won't to scratch them. i mean theres some shooting rifles and some hunting rifles. in my mind by todays standards a good hunting rifle is a marlin xl7 a stevens 200 and the mossberg 100atr. because these rifles can be took through the brush, droped in the mud droped out of tree stands and still take that deer. now something nicer like a browning a bolt medallion .300 win mag. well seriously wouldnt you just die if it got scratched up?

im a firm beleaver in 30-30 but the guns are just to expensive now a new one is what 350-400$ for a marlin? a used winchester (post 64) is about the same. and you can get any of the 3 rifles i mentioned in just about any caliber for 300$ new? id take the bolt action.

Page generated in 0.02576 seconds with 8 queries