View Single Post
Old August 19, 2009, 05:23 PM   #12
Dr. A

This is a relatively hot topic that not one person will ever agree with another. I see tendon and ligament problems in specific breeds, with problems following certain lines. I have far more tendon/ligament problems with FEMALES and find that the ligament problems will follow those breeds with strong representation from knee dysplasia. Individual males are always overepresented by knee and hip dysplasia. I've not noted any problem relating to neutering from this. I consider early neutering to be in the pre-3 month range. I see numerous urine leakage problems with this with a few extra animals getting urinary tract infection predalictions as well. I agree that the uneutered males are more stubborn. They have a bit more stamina and are tougher to train as well. A neutered male or female seems to be the most easy for anthing to me. Neutering only slows them down if allowed to grow fat. There are strong dislikes from purists to neutering males. Its just the way things are. Females fetch the best price around here as well. There are more successful females around here than male. The males that are good, however, are surely hard to beat. The answer???? Who knows. Get what you want and accept their limitations.

Page generated in 0.02168 seconds with 8 queries