View Single Post
Old January 8, 2006, 04:35 PM   #17
Magnus

I find the part where the guy in front of a class of school children compares himself to Jesus Christ particularly disturbing:

psy·cho·path Audio pronunciation of "psychopath" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sk-pth)
n. -A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

"There are many types of disorders in which the Christ Complex comes into play. The worst extreme of this complex is seen in that of a psychopath. Someone that, over time, comes to operate without any regard for other humans. For instance, the most insidious and dangerous psychopaths can become mass murderers or radical cult leaders such as Jim Jones and David Koresh." -The Christ Complex, by Mara Sophia Ellen Weis R.O., ThD.D. [The Gnostic Center of Enlightenment, Milwaukee, WI]

Thank you for a great link to this short movie. I'm going to forward it to as many people I can. It will make for hours of interesting debate.

I'm shocked at PETA's hypocrisy and their killing of 2/3 of their "rescued" animals. One of the biggest animal lovers I've ever met was the head of the city animal shelter; although the shelter euthanized 60,000 animals annually. It was not by choice, rather by necessity, as a result of the public refusal to take responsibility for their pets. It is impossible to save every animal, especially with the rampant breeding by people believing they can make a profit, or people refusing to neuter their pets and then letting them run rampant.

In fact, my mother started a no-kill animal adoption center. She did great: she got radio time, she found homes for hundreds of abandoned animals, she worked with the sheriffs dept, and had people doing their community service
at the shelter. All seemed well until word really got out: She got filled to her capacity, and next, people came from all over, dumping their no longer wanted pets off on weekends, and in the middle of the night. She would find animals tied up to the fence posts, to trees etc. So it all had to end, and she came to the same conclusion the animal shelters did a long time ago: You can't save every animal.

Moral of my story:
People don't want to take responsibility for their own actions -takes too much effort. It takes far more effort to work towards a solution to a problem, especially in the face of adversity. So the third and easy way out is to play the blame game. Pawn off the responsibillity to someone else, and do what ever you want under the auspices of righteousness. These people love chaos and violence, not animals.

Magnus

Page generated in 0.02380 seconds with 8 queries