View Single Post
Old October 19, 2005, 06:35 PM   #41
PythonGuy

Hi all,

Thanks for all the great ideas/suggestions. A few points, I have called SCPD before, they never ask for my name (phone number is blocked) and they have been really helpful, even telling me I can send my guns to any service company for work without using an FFL. I read the pistol handbook, I keep a downloaded copy that I make sure is the latest version. Under types of license, I have the target and hunting type F "Proper cause" as Musketeer pointed out. It means I can carry concealed to and from the range and/or hunting area, except through NYC (locked box). The rules do give them broad revocation power, I don't know how they use it in practice as I've not read about people losing their license. The booklet does mentions the locking of the gun, which is how I would keep it, hidden in a quick box for fast access instead of in the large gun safe. I'm sure it can't be loaded though, and getting around that could be tricky, although I am a fast loader with that glock fast loader. I guess I won't bother calling to ask about the gun at home, they never answer their phone anymore anyway. The police in the pistol license section are really different then if you called the main desk, which I never would, the pistol guys are much cooler. I remember when I first got my license in 1980 (Nassau county) there was a County rule that you had to belong to a gun club in order to have a permit and keep your guns in a locked box to and from the range. They have actually relaxed the rules on these issues and are more like upstate NY then NYC. Of course, they are not exactly Las Vegas when it comes to owning, carry, and shooting. A few more years and my son will be in College, maybe it'll be time to move off Long Island then, its too expensive and restrictive here anyway. Its a shame because it is a beautiful place to live and work.

Page generated in 0.02707 seconds with 8 queries