View Single Post
Old June 26, 1999, 01:50 AM   #1
Kiwi

I just can't find the best combination in this issue, maybe some of you would have comments or solutions..........

Starts from goggles, the Bolle makes the best tactical goggles out there, tried the X500 Attacker model and very happy with it, but the down side of them is you can't look through the iron sights (MP5 with A2 solid stock)due to the frame being so large.
However, they also make another model called T800 which is simply perfect.

Now comes to helmet, the traditional Kevlar PASGT helmet works perfectly with the T800 goggles, but the Kevlar helmet was not designed for bullet resistance. The winner of helmet would have to be RBR Level IIIa protection helmets (model Combat MK III being the best personal choice) They don't just offer bullet resistance protection, but are also extremely light weight (which is important for assault team).

Now RBR helmet and T800 goggles.......
If the goggles were worn under the helmet (strap on your head), there is not a problem, but most people wear their goggles over the helmet (so it's more flexible when you don't need them----just pull the goggles up on the helmet) in that case, the head hardness buckles from the helmet would get on the way of the T800's rubber type face seal and making it extremely uncomfortable.
I've tries tactial glasses like PO and Oakley, but I personally don't really like them, there are just too much gap between your face and the protection area, and not being solidly worn on you.

Would any tactical members or mil. CQB operators have suggestions on this one?

Thanks

Kiwi

Page generated in 0.02261 seconds with 8 queries