View Single Post
Old July 31, 2011, 07:16 PM   #1
PCB2054

.300 WSM and .257 Roberts Reloading Questions

I just bought a Remington model 700 CDL SF in .300 WSM and really love it. I bought 2 boxes of 150 grain Remington Coreloks when I originally picked up the gun. I have shot those and decided to start reloading myself. I figured I would just resize and use this remington brass until I find a load I like and then go buy new brass and use that. I have reloaded in the past with no problems ever, but when I reloaded ten of these .300 WSM shells only five of them chambered correctly. The other five were extremely tight. The five that chambered correctly shot extremely well. Any thoughts or similar problems? P.S.- I am pretty sure that everything is adjusted correctly and can't figure out what the issue could be. Appreciate suggestions.

My brother just got his .257 Roberts redone by a gunsmith who notoriously does GREAT work and he is reloading shells for it. My brother decided to shoot a Sierra 100 grain boat tail bullet and uses a max load to start. (not correct I KNOW). This did not shoot very accurately so we dropped the amount of powder considerably and it still didn't shoot very well. Definitely more accurately with the lower powder but not great. Do you think that a smaller bullet is the next thing to try. I think a smaller bullet and a low amount of powder for that bullet will hopefully increase accuracy. Let me know!

P.S.-any opinions on the Remington 700 CDL SF in .300 WSM. I love it!! If only i could get these shell to chamber with some regularity. Thanks!

Page generated in 0.02387 seconds with 8 queries