View Single Post
Old January 28, 2009, 12:24 AM   #7
blhseawa

Don't listen to the other post they are wrong!

Two points:

a) there is federal law and BATFE regulations

b) and then there is state law

both laws apply and should be obeyed as the consequences are pretty significant!

In Washington State, it is a violation of state law to possess an AR-15 with a M-16 or full-auto bolt carrier installed. Under state law the M-16 or full-auto bolt carrier is defined by law as a machine-gun. So, please don't put a M16 (full-auto) bolt carrier in your rifle. Don't complain to me, I didn't write or vote for this law.

As a side note, legal opinion varies on whether mere possession of the full-auto (M-16) bolt-carrier is a violation of State law. Until there is case law on this point I would advise against pushing the envelop.

In Washington State, you can no longer own machine guns or SBR's or AOW's. Existing weapons are grand-fathered but new weapons can not be brought into the State of Washington by ordinary citizens. There are exceptions, for police, military and manufactures, but that is a different can of worms.

Just reminder to all, state law(s) can vary greatly from state to state and may be more restrictive than federal law.

As always, YMMV

Last edited by blhseawa; January 28, 2009 at 12:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.02600 seconds with 8 queries